Article by Katie Semler
Every bride wants to feel perfectly beautiful on their wedding day, and you should!! However, with photographers, food and dresses to pay for, beauty products either get forgotten about or left to the last minute. I’ve noticed a lot of the bridal magazines advertise the big brands, the fantastic, life-changing sounding face cream that you apparently need because it’s your special day. It’s tempting. After all, you don’t get married every day. You’re not going to use all the cream in a day. You’ll have plenty to use after the wedding too. But… is it really ok to spend over 50 bucks on, essentially, something you can buy for $5?
I’m a girly girl, I love beauty treatments, especially trying new skin care products. But I also grew up not having much money, and while I may be a grown-up now with my own cash flow and a little more to spend, I think I would just feel horrendously guilty for spending a hundred dollars + on the latest Creme de la Mer moisturiser, tempting as it may be. So, below, I’ve made a few recommendations, all tried and tested, from a self confessed beauty junkie with a small budget! I consider these to be affordable bridal beauty products that are suitable for your big day or any day!
1. Clearasil Rapid Action Treatment cream – I find that if I apply a really thin layer before going to bed it helps minimize acne spotting, and keeps spots from starting. It’s never too early to start a skin care routine that will ensure flawless beauty for your wedding day!
2. The Body Shop Vitamin C Daily Moisturizer – Started using it this year, so far I really love it! Also has SPF in it for those of you living in sunny places!
3. L’Oreal Youth Code Day/Night Cream – Seems like they changed the packaging, but this is my go-to these days, it’s really creamy, good for winter (but I kind of use it all year round), keeps skin super moisturized and the texture is great, but then, I like creamy moisturizers. I find that the Body Shop one is lighter.
4. Maybelline SuperStay 24 hrs is absolutely FANTASTIC. This stuff does not budge. I’ve always adored Maybelline for their lipglosses and this makeup’s staying power was pretty impressive. I also got a lovely wedding worthy Maybelline lipgloss at the same time, but of course, after buying one and falling in love with it, I then lost it, go figure…
5. Benefit They’re Real mascara – Again, I also rather fell in love with this one. I love that this stuff makes your lashes BIG. It’s great!
Body lotions – Now, this is a big one because body lotion, lipgloss and moisturizer are my all-time three favourite makeup things in the world, and I have A LOT.
6. For a regular, daily use lotion I would have to say Garnier Intensive 7 Days Ultra-Softening is my favorite, and it’s relatively cheap. It comes in honey, mango, shea butter, cocoa butter and aloe vera – the catch is that I usually have to ship it from the UK.
7. When I’m ready to splurge on expensive body lotion, though, I go with the Almond Milk Concentrate from L’Occitane, because it smells like marzipan and I could just eat the stuff, it’s so good. I adore the shower oil too.
I hope this personal list was somewhat helpful. These are just my personal favorites, things I would consider affordable bridal beauty products. If you need any more tips / recommendations, let me know!